Thanksgiving in a New Country.

 Hello World! 

Where do I begin?

All I can say is...I made it! 

I was wondering when I would gain the courage to get back on here and talk about my experiences. These days, I'm very private with my life. 

It comes with age. 

You learn in your adulthood. The less people know, the less influence they have on your life. Sometimes you need less influence to gain the courage to do the unthinkable. 

So, I've decided to become an open book yet again. What can I say? When I think I'll stay away...I don't. Oh well, you'll just have to love me the way I am. LOL. 

The good. The bad. The messy. All of it. 

Ok, back to I MADE IT! 

If you haven't read my last blog post, just take a moment and read...I'll wait. 

Done? Perfect. Yeah.

I MADE IT TO SOUTH KOREA! 




I didn't just make it. I moved to South Korea to teach English. Crazy. I know. 

I've been here a month, and I can finally share a little bit of the experience with you. I'm still in shock myself, so bare with me. 

Yes, I moved here without a second thought. I officially completed one month since landing in South Korea and my 3rd week of teaching. WILD!

There's this manifesting trend going around, but I know from rereading my last post that God really had His perfect timing in mind. Everything was so right...even when I thought it would go horribly wrong. 

I'm just in awe of the way God has been present in my life. 

The process to be here was long and hard, but I remained persistent and consistent. I went into 2026 with the mentality that I was moving this year, and I needed to prepare myself. Every month, I decluttered. Every month, I would purchase less and saved every coin as much as possible. Every month, I would tell myself I was preparing to move out of the country with 4 luggage bags. Every month, I would sit and wait to hear something from EPIK. 

There was a long waiting period, and I mean LONG. (Why doesn't anyone tell you that you're basically waiting 6-8 months to hear a definite yes?!...Wild). I waited. One step forward. I waited again. Two steps back. At this point, we were dancing the Tango. Every time another step had to be taken, I would doubt. I would panic. I would feel anxiety. Then the results would come in...and I would be overwhelmed by the green lights saying go. One day, I just broke down because I could hear God's voice tell me, "why do you continue to doubt me, when all I've done was show you that this is MY plan for you?" 

The day finally came where the answer was solid. I had to fly out in two weeks, and whatever was done was done. There was no going back. I threw things at people left and right. I threw away old memories. I sold my car. I got rid of all the things associated with me in the States. I squeezed all my belongings for my new life into 4 bags...and I do mean squeezed. The 4 bags I kept telling everyone I was going to take with me since December of 2025. Who knew I was speaking into my future?

I kind of wish I would have brought just one more with the stuff I am having a hard time finding here. LOL. It's not the end of the world though. I'm in a NEW COUNTRY, with NEW PEOPLE, a NEW JOB (kind of), NEW FOOD, NEW PRODUCTS. Everything can be replaced except for personal happiness. While I miss the old belongings and familiarity of the States, I am enjoying experiencing NEW things. 

Why South Korea, you ask?

Why not. I say. 

Sometimes, you just have to trust your instincts. 

I trusted mine. 

When I visited here twice and I couldn't stop thinking of South Korea, I just knew in my heart that it was where I was supposed to be. 

Do I miss my family? Yes. I do. A lot. 

Do I miss being able to just know everything? Yes. More than  you can imagine. 

Do I miss being able to just call my friends whenever? Yes. Although, I think I've done a better job at keeping in touch than when I lived IN the states. LOL. 

I miss all of it. But...

I don't miss feeling like I was in the wrong place. 

I don't miss feeling like there was more. 

I don't miss feeling simply content. 

I don't miss feeling unhappy. 

Has this move come with challenges? 100% but I am surviving. I'm learning to walk in other's shoes. I'm learning to walk in my own shoes as well. I'm learning to enjoy finding a new me. I'm learning so much in such a short amount of time that I have to step back once in a while and just admire my surroundings. There is beauty beyond familiarity. There is beauty beyond being comfortable. There is beauty in a new journey. I don't know where you are in life right now, but I hope you take a moment to step back and appreciate it all. 

Sometimes we get so caught up in what's happening at the moment, that we don't realize how far we have actually come. So, if you're questioning whether you should or shouldn't...why not? 

Life is too short to life with regrets. 

Love, 

Dayse 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rejection leads to Reflection

Now my eyes have seen You...

Life in 2022